About this adventure
Finnmark is home to the vast Finnmarksvidda, Europe’s largest mountain plateau. With vast views in all directions, Finnmarksvidda is the ideal location to be explored by snowmobile.
On this trip we take you outside of Alta to our historical, 150 year old mountain lodge in Gargia valley. After preparing you for the adventurous ride ahead we take you along the old postal road up to the very edge of Finnmarksvidda to a mountain range called Beskades. Through snow covered forests we make our way up to the expansive mountain plains. Here you can embrace the true arctic wilderness, surrounded by only snow and the sky in all directions.
On the trip you will learn about our history and the lifestyle of the arctic.
Our certified Guide will show you how to drive the snowmobile, and make sure you have an adventure to remember.
Join us at our Æventyr Adventure Store situated in the heart of the city, ensuring you arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the Tour's commencement. From this central hub, our journey will carry you to the captivating Gargia Valley, a mere 25 kilometers away from Alta.
Upon our arrival at Gargia Lodge, you will be introduced to your experienced guide who will provide you with an insightful briefing for today's escapade. Equipped with thermosuits, boots, and gloves, you'll be fully prepared for the upcoming adventure. Following your outfitting, a comprehensive safety briefing regarding the operation of the snowmobiles will ensure our readiness for the expedition that lies ahead.
Our voyage takes us to the remarkable Beskades, a destination that prompts a brief pause, granting you the opportunity to relish the breathtaking panoramic vistas before we descend back towards Gargia Lodge. The journey culminates at the very place it began, Gargia Lodge, where you will be returned to the city center, completing the circle of this exhilarating experience.
- No previous experience is required to drive a snowmobile. All you need is a regular driver’s license, and it’s as simple as it is fun. A thorough safety introduction and driving instruction will be given before the trip starts. You will ride in pairs, a driver and a passenger on each snowmobile, with the opportunity to change seats during the trip
- Changes to the trip due to weather conditions may occur. Changes may occur due to weather. Æventyr reserves the right to change the itinerary or cancel the trip if the weather conditions appear unsafe.
- Wear warm clothes and shoes in accordance with the weather forecast and season. Don’t forget to bring sunglasses.
- You will share a snowmobile with another passenger, so each of you will get to drive half of the trip. If you want to drive all by yourself, simply add the Single Driver Add-On before booking.
- Only the holders of a valid B class driver’s license are allowed to drive a snowmobile in Norway. You are required to present your license for verification before taking part on the ride. Guests without a valid driving license are only allowed to be passengers (min. age is 12)
- This trip is not recommended for those who have back problems or for those who are pregnant.
- We are happy to arrange private tours of various length and to different destinations. Simply reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org