Snowmobile Morning Adventure
About this adventure
Finnmark is home to the vast Finnmarksvidda, Europe’s largest mountain plateau. With vast views in all directions, Finnmarksvidda is the ideal location to be explored by snowmobile.
On this trip we take you outside of Alta to our historical, 150 year old mountain lodge in Gargia valley. After preparing you for the adventurous ride ahead we take you along the old postal road up to the very edge of Finnmarksvidda to a mountain range called Beskades. Through snow covered forests we make our way up to the expansive mountain plains. Here you can embrace the true arctic wilderness, surrounded by only snow and the sky in all directions.
On the trip you will learn about our history and the lifestyle of the arctic, while also getting to experience Finnmarks culinary side with locally made snacks.
Our certified Guide will show you how to drive the snowmobile, and make sure you have an adventure to remember.
No previous experience is required to drive a snowmobile. All you need is a regular driver’s license, and it’s as simple as it is fun. A thorough safety introduction and driving instruction will be given before the trip starts. You will ride in pairs, a driver and a passenger on each snowmobile, with the opportunity to change seats during the trip
Meet us at our Æverntyr Adventure Store in the city center 5-10 minutes before the start of the Tour. From here we will drive you to Gargia Valley, approx. 25km from Alta.
We arrive at Gargia Lodge. Here you will meet your guide and get a briefing about today’s trip. You will also receive thermosuits, boots and gloves for the trip.
After getting dressed you will receive a safety briefing on the snowmobiles. Now we are ready and can start our adventure.
We will arrive at Beskades. Here we will take a short stop and enjoy the amazing view in all directions before heading back down to Gargia Lodge.
We arrive back at Gargia Lodge.
We will drop you off in the city center where we started our trip.
- Changes to the trip due to weather conditions may occur. Changes may occur due to weather. Æventyr reserves the right to change the itinerary or cancel the trip if the weather conditions appear unsafe.
- Wear warm clothes and shoes in accordance with the weather forecast and season. Don’t forget to bring sunglasses.
- You will share a snowmobile with another passenger, so each of you will get to drive half of the trip. If you want to drive all by yourself, simply add the Single Driver Add-On before booking.
- Only the holders of a valid B class driver’s license are allowed to drive a snowmobile in Norway. You are required to present your license for verification before taking part on the ride. Guests without a valid driving license are only allowed to be passengers (min. age is 12)
- This trip is not recommended for those who have back problems or for those who are pregnant.
- We are happy to arrange private tours of various length and to different destinations. Simply reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org